Take part in the Poland FLEX Alumni Mentoring Program organized by FLEX Alumni Program and the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw, Poland. Gain new skills and the opportunity to finance your own social project!
Program is dedicated to FLEX Alumni. During the whole year participants will develop leadership and project management skills under the supervision of experienced mentors. This is a unique chance for personal development, networking and gaining specific skills that may be useful in your future education and career.
Why take part?
Participation in the Poland FLEX Alumni Mentoring Program is free of charge and includes:
- Guidance from an individual mentor who will work with you in your personal development and help you create and implement your own social project. Mentors will come from an elite group of former participants in exchange programs of the U.S. Department of State. They can give you a completely different perspective than your parents or teachers and help connect you with other professionals.
- Two-day training in Warsaw, where you will gain the necessary knowledge about identifying social problems, creating projects and implementing them in your local community. The training will be also an opportunity to meet U.S. Embassy diplomats and share experience with other participants.
- The possibility of winning funds for your own project. One of the benefits of cooperation with a mentor will be a joint project focused around social issues that are important to you. It can be a school, housing, urban and even nationwide project. The best proposals for these projects will be financed by the U.S. government for their implementation.
- Free access to the Lynda e-learning platform. It is one of the best educational platforms in the world that offers video training. On this platform you can find materials about the most popular programs and very useful training in the methodology of project creation, marketing and presentation.
Who are the mentors?
Senior U.S. Government exchange program alumni (International Visitor Leadership Program, Fulbright Program and others). This is a selected group of people who have professional experience and are leaders in their communities. They have experience in implementing short and long-term projects and, are social activists who want to share their skills and passion with younger colleagues. They represent various fields: national and local government, non-governmental organizations, education, business, culture and more.
To become a mentor please click here.
Who are our mentees?
FLEX alumni who are currently students or still high school students who are or would like to be active in their local communities and use their U.S. experience in their hometowns.
To become a mentee please click here.
- Application: 01 June – 15 June 2018
- Notification: 22 June 2018
- Kick-off event and training for mentors and mentees: mid-July 2018 in Warsaw
- Mentoring: August 2018-April 2019
- Implementation of small grants/local community actions: October 2018-March 2019
This program is sponsored by the U.S. Embassy in Poland and coordinated by Fundacja American Councils for International Education.