Who is eligible to apply to the program?
In keeping with the U.S. Government-sponsored initiatives dedicated to promoting greater international understanding, the competition for the FLEX scholarship is merit-based and open at no cost to applicants who meet the following requirements.
|Citizenship||Have Polish citizenship. Applicants with double citizenship: Polish and American, are not eligible to participate in FLEX Program.|
|Age requirements||Be born between 15 July 2002 and 15 July 2005 (people with disabilities: 15 Feb 2002 – 15 Jul 2005).|
|School requirements||Be enrolled in a secondary school (1st or 2nd class of liceum/technikum) at the time of application.|
|English proficiency||Have an academic standing of good or better. English proficiency will be tested by ELTiS.|
|Academic standing||Have an academic standing of good or better.|
|Visa requirements||Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements.|
Who is not eligible?
Students are ineligible to apply if:
- s/he does not meet the criteria listed by American Councils
- s/he has stayed in the U.S. for ninety (90) days or more during the past five (5) years
- His/her immediate family (or member of family):
- has applied or is applying to emigrate to the United States
- has made plans to emigrate or has already emigrated to the United States
|FLEX information for students with disabilities 2020-2021|