Logistics Coordinator – FLEX Alumni Program
American Councils for International Education administers a number of programs for secondary school students funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Department of State, including the FLEX program, which provides scholarships to outstanding secondary school students, as well as alumni component of this program. These programs provide life-changing opportunities for competitively selected teenagers. The Warsaw-based Logistics Coordinator will be primary responsible person for all logistical and financial matters of an American-style autumn conference to be held in neighborhood of Warsaw in mid-November. Also Logistic Coordinator will assist in preparation phase during August and September 2019 in regards to submitting advance budget requests and preparation of all needed financial receipts, invoices and supporting documents. Logistics Coordinator will need to work with the teams in Warsaw and Washington, D.C., communicate with local suppliers and event venue and pass on information for project management. This position reports to the Country Representative in Warsaw, and works in conjunction with program managers in Washington, DC. The position is a limited-term, half-time position (20h/week) beginning in August 2019 through December 2019.
- Working closely with Country Representative to learn and ensure compliance with the local accounting requirements and USG rules and regulations concerning financial management
- Preparing advance money requests, ensure timeliness, accuracy and regulatory compliance of reports
- Agreeing on procurement and rental of conference site
- Identifying and procure items that will be necessary to organize conference
- Arranging transportation to and from conference site
- Procuring and securing supplies before and during conference
- Acting as liaison between site managers and Country Representative
- Providing additional support to Country Representative and Washington, DC-based managers responsible for FLEX Alumni Program
- Preparing financial report of conference
- Responsibly handling and tracking money at camps
- Performing any other logistics duties as necessary
- Being able to start on August 1st (or close to that date);
- Native Polish, excellent spoken and written English;
- Availability to work 20h per week during 5 month;
- Being present full time at the workshop in mid-November;
- Experience in conference or event organization;
- Online communication and computer skills (Email writing, Excel, Word knowledge. etc);
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, creativity;
- Outstanding time management, organization and planning skills;
- Experience with high school students a plus;
- Experience in the U.S. a plus.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English by e-mail with the subject “Logistics Coordinator” to email@example.com by Monday, 24 June 2019.